2013년 3월 8일 금요일

Personal narrative essay- The nightmare of June

 On June 9th, 2013, I took the very important test. It was the mathematics competition hosted by KMLA. People usually think that if someone writes essay about the competition or contest, maybe the writer recorded great score or at least had good results. Not for me, I totally screwed up this test. However, this is the most precious experience in my 17 years life.

 On May, 2013, I studied a lot for the test. I studied mathematics until break time and even reduce sleeping time to study. Because mathematics is not the subject which can raise in a short time, it was hard to offset the time I have never studied. Anyway, even though I couldn't get the higher score than other students, I maintained the average score. However, two weeks before the test, new students took the class of my academy. I don't know the exact reason, maybe because they are all from gangnam, but all they were good at mathematics. The KMLA mathematics competition takes relative evaluation, so my grade on the model tests became lower and lower. 
 I considered it crisis and I studied much harder than before. For example, I reviewed all th e stuff that I had studied. But, as I mentioned before, Mathematics is not an easy subject. My score didn't get higher. Even it became lower because I felt too nervous at that time. Any how, the time past, and there was just one day between the day and the test date. And the academy offered the last model test. The problems were too hard for me to solve but I tried my best and succeeded to solve some questions. However, my friends got much higher score and they said it was really easy. I felt so nervous that I thought I would get the lowest score. 
 Finally, on June 9th, I took the test. I failed to demonstrate my usual ability and I totally screwed up. It's quite natural that I was depressed so much. I usually overcome it in a day, but this remained quite long. The more serious thing was that I took the English listening test during that time. I always had gotten perfect on the test, but there were three incorrect questions on my test paper. This exacerbated my frustration. It was the nightmare of June.
 I think my mom had a hard time as me. My mom always tried to console me even though it was not helpful. At last, she said "There are a lot of alternatives and you can give up KMLA. KMLA is not the only route." Currently, I think the consolation was nice but I at that time didn't agree with. The words spurred me. I didn't want to lose by KMLA.
 The only left strategy to win KMLA is the school final exam. Final exam was so important to me. Therefore, I studied really hard. It is still unbelievable that I studied that much. For example, my mom admonished me to stop studying when I studied for 17 hours a day. Anyway, I studied like that and I got almost perfect score on the test.
 It is much more meaningful than I got great score. I gained the experience of overcoming  the deep slump which seems to be no end. After it, when I have some troubles or hard time, I reminded this experience and I become confidential. Maybe the nightmare of June is the most valuable things. 

1 개의 댓글:

  1. When faced with adversity, how do people react? Sounds like you reacted admirably, overcame your anxiety, and succeeded. Good story.

    답글삭제